Saturday, January 14, 2006

Schools

Here is a few schools I'd love to go to. Well, that is if I ever can justify the costs.

Sigarms Academy
The Concealed Carry class looks interesting. Only $595.
They only allow waist carrying, but they will loan you equipment for free.

I'd like to take the Advanced Class afterwards. I think I'd like to start here before moving on to any of those below.

Then there is Gunsite.
I'd like to start with the Pistol courses. 150 is $802 and is required for the Defensive Pistol course at $1228. Yeah, expensive, but this is a very highly rated school. Not to mention the relation to Jeff Cooper.
I'd also like to look at their rifle courses. I didn't look at the costs, because I don't care to be depressed at this moment.

Then there is the McMillan Sniper School.
This one is pretty far out for me. I'd have to get equipment and all that for this, since I really don't have anything for this. I don't have a bolt action rifle in .308 with a scope. I'm not a scope person in anycase. But it would be interesting. $200 a day. Not a bad cost considering what your going to get.
These guys are pretty hard core though. Here are some requirments.
Required Equipment:
□ .308 bolt-action or similar rifle with sling and bipod
□ Cleaning kit (call if you have any questions)
□ Scope with illuminated mildot reticle preferred, must bring owner's/user manual. See new Leupold TMR reticle.
□ 3.5-10 scope is more than powerful enough & lighter than bigger scopes. Use lowest scope rings possible.
□ Minimum 60 rds. Match Grade ammunition per day
Camelback or Hydrastorm hydration system REQUIRED (see below)
□ Rugged, comfortable clothing suitable for all weather conditions
□ Ear & eye protection
Sunscreen& brimmed/boonie hat
□ Leather gardening style gloves for Advanced Sniper Course (see below)
Tall, sturdy hiking or combat style boots
□ Food, water & Gatorade is REQUIRED, be prepared for 10 hour days, we will NOT leave the ranges for breaks
Physical Requirements:
□ Some brisk movement and activity will be required, short hikes and climbs required
□ Expect the possibility of high temperatures and sun exposure
Snakes, scorpions, bees & other desert wildlife are present
And I loved this FAQ.
Q: Can civilians attend your courses?
A: If you can pass the background check required to purchase a firearm, you are qualified to attend one of the scheduled courses. It's that simple! We don't believe there is a "secret" way to shoot accurately, that's why we are the only school that teaches sniper shooting skills to any qualified students wanting to improve their own skills.
Qualification to attend is a police or military I.D. or provide one of the following:
1. State Issued Concealed Weapon Permit or
2. Letter from local police chief/sheriff showing no criminal history
Maybe when I win the lottery?


No comments: